Okay, folks. I've got some topics we can discuss. 1. Our Course work. What do you think about it, what topic would you choose and so on?. 2. Modern technology. Things you like, things that help us and so on. 3. Software Development. Our professional life. Do you want to work as a programmer and if so what kind of work do you want do to?
Ok. So I want to work as a developer. In which country doesn't realy matter. And I with my friend have some ideas of what we could make. I mean IT is growing rapidly now and won't stop in a few decades I think. So, that's why I'm very exticing about my education, career and things like that. But, thing we do here at college doesn't always motivate you, do it?
I mean that the materials that we're learning aren't always modern, userful and are used in a "real-world" work. For example, Databases. We have to do 30+ labs with our bases in Access 2003. But realy it doesn't matter si much when you start to make a real (i.e. non-learning) program, because it doesn't use Access at all. We need to know how to project databases, how to make tham more compact, more faster and so on. What we learn instead is how to click 3 buttons in one program. I think it pretty useless.
Don't you think that everything you do at college is important for your forming as a software developers? May be sometimes it's not so interesting as you like, but it's necessary to make a basis,the foundation for new knowledge.New ideas are always based on the old, traditional things. As for motivation, it could be different, but, as you know, the best one is " кнута и пряника")).But if you could offer teachers some ideas how to make lessons more interesting, effective and practical, what would those be? And some tips for students how to study in new conditions
It isn't about just software. We learn some theorethical material and nobody ever told us where and how we can actualy use it. Like numerical methods. We learn that stuff, we write those programs but it all is so vaguely and inconsistently that we'll forget in a couple of weeks. Ever after lecture to do my labs I have to do research by myself, because I just can't get it. So, here is my point: "We learn a little userful thing, we learn it very slowly and we learn it very inefficiently."
Nat Yurivna, I didn't said that we must work with nanotechnology, but we must keep up with the times, because our profession are dependent from new technology.
As for Microsoft Office(2003) -all my friends use it not of the reason they haven't the alternative, but they say it is more convenient. I don't know if it depends on their conservatism and laziness)), or just those people are not programmers and different details and nuances are not important for them
NatYurivna, Most often, they just do not care, some of them do not want to change anything and say that there is nothing new. But the biggest problem is funding, because we can not not use the licensed software and license for serious product is worth good money. ((((
In our country need to change the education system dramatically, in all developed countries do not have this system! A student has to choose subjects himself that he wants to learn! I have many friends who are developing web app, online stores, websites, software, databases, and thus had no knowledge of numerical methods or differential equations. But what we get we get very blurry, perhaps this is just for me but for almost everything that we learn we have to study and understand the most
Okay, folks. I've got some topics we can discuss.
ВідповістиВидалити1. Our Course work. What do you think about it, what topic would you choose and so on?.
2. Modern technology. Things you like, things that help us and so on.
3. Software Development. Our professional life. Do you want to work as a programmer and if so what kind of work do you want do to?
I would like to discuss the topic number three
ВидалитиYes, of course, You can speak about programs develop
ВидалитиReva, what do you can talk about this topic?
ВидалитиFirst of all I want to know who plans to work in the specialty, and where? in our country or some other?
ВидалитиOk. So I want to work as a developer. In which country doesn't realy matter. And I with my friend have some ideas of what we could make. I mean IT is growing rapidly now and won't stop in a few decades I think. So, that's why I'm very exticing about my education, career and things like that. But, thing we do here at college doesn't always motivate you, do it?
ВидалитиAs for me, i want to work at Ukraine
ВидалитиSo I agree with Sergey, but I think, that we must try to do first step singly without "college's motivates"
ВидалитиI mean that the materials that we're learning aren't always modern, userful and are used in a "real-world" work. For example, Databases. We have to do 30+ labs with our bases in Access 2003. But realy it doesn't matter si much when you start to make a real (i.e. non-learning) program, because it doesn't use Access at all. We need to know how to project databases, how to make tham more compact, more faster and so on. What we learn instead is how to click 3 buttons in one program. I think it pretty useless.
ВидалитиYes, we work in Delphi(2002), MicroSoft Office (2003)... so a software base of college must to update
ВидалитиDon't you think that everything you do at college is important for your forming as a software developers? May be sometimes it's not so interesting as you like, but it's necessary to make a basis,the foundation for new knowledge.New ideas are always based on the old, traditional things. As for motivation, it could be different, but, as you know, the best one is " кнута и пряника")).But if you could offer teachers some ideas how to make lessons more interesting, effective and practical, what would those be? And some tips for students how to study in new conditions
ВидалитиIt isn't about just software. We learn some theorethical material and nobody ever told us where and how we can actualy use it. Like numerical methods. We learn that stuff, we write those programs but it all is so vaguely and inconsistently that we'll forget in a couple of weeks. Ever after lecture to do my labs I have to do research by myself, because I just can't get it. So, here is my point: "We learn a little userful thing, we learn it very slowly and we learn it very inefficiently."
ВидалитиNat Yurivna, I didn't said that we must work with nanotechnology, but we must keep up with the times, because our profession are dependent from new technology.
ВидалитиSergey, true story =)
ВидалитиAs for Microsoft Office(2003) -all my friends use it not of the reason they haven't the alternative, but they say it is more convenient. I don't know if it depends on their conservatism and laziness)), or just those people are not programmers and different details and nuances are not important for them
Видалити"Office" is example only, one of many
ВидалитиSergei, why don't you ask these questions of the teachers?!!
Видалитиto the teachers))
ВидалитиNat Yurivna, it's can bring to big problems )
ВидалитиIt's a pity, but I must say, Sergey, you're absolutely right.
ВидалитиAnd you're wrong, Dima.) The question is not what to ask and why to ask. It depends on HOW to ask.)
ВидалитиNatYurivna, Most often, they just do not care, some of them do not want to change anything and say that there is nothing new. But the biggest problem is funding, because we can not not use the licensed software and license for serious product is worth good money. ((((
ВидалитиOpen Source lived, Open Source lives, Open Source will live.
ВидалитиSo, many companies make release software for education free
ВидалитиNat Yurivna, okey, but different people react differently
ВидалитиIn our country need to change the education system dramatically, in all developed countries do not have this system!
ВидалитиA student has to choose subjects himself that he wants to learn!
I have many friends who are developing web app, online stores, websites, software, databases, and thus had no knowledge of numerical methods or differential equations.
But what we get we get very blurry, perhaps this is just for me but for almost everything that we learn we have to study and understand the most
Reva, if you don't know math, that you can not create global project, yes you can make simple apps but you never become good programmer.
ВидалитиSo, all of this topics are very important (maybe), but I think that the central topic of last time is a views about out Course works.
ВідповістиВидалити