1. Wrong material.
Things that we learn are always userful and up to date. For example we learn how to program with Pascal, Delphi, but even Valentina Victorivna told us: "I think a good programmer doesn't work in Delphi". The question is why do we spend about two years learning thing that we propably won't use in our professional life. I know, some people think this is helping to learn basics and so on. But, this is quite true. We don't go in depth with concepts and ideas we're working on. We're told what to do, we take a textbook and start do some coding. All classes that we've taken by now weren't crystal clear and detailed. I mean almost all things we look at just for basics. Even important things.
2. To Slow
Our curriculum is 4 years. MIT's computer science curriculum is also 4 year. But what we learn and what learn guys at MIT are like sky and earth.
And there is some other points, like useless labs we do, not all but there is a lot like this (this is totally my opinion).
So how I try to handle this?
1. Googling
We all do it and we like it.
2. Online education
This is Eldorado for self-learners. For example, I finished a course about programming language Python from two teacher of University of Toronto. I did well, so I've got a certificate about.
Also, I'm currently taking course CS50 Introducing to Computer Science from Harvard. I have the same materials and resources as a Harvard's students. This is realy cool.
3. Videocourses.
If I want to learn some new techonology such as Node.js or a programing languase such a C# I usually used video cousces from Lynda.com, plural-sight.net and others. This courses are always short and very informative. Because usually they are made by actualy professionals who are working with them and not by academic teachers.
So. This is my opinion and some information I think is worth to share. Thanks.

Sergei, you always describes all very well. I want to be as intelligent as you. Because at last time I have no strength to study. I come home, have dinner and then go to bed - that's all.
ВідповістиВидалитиAnd what to say about the college: I agree with you about the our subjects. Especially it concerns of numerical methods. Sometimes we have the laboratory and we even don't understand the meaning of the task.
Sorry, if the comment is short and petty.
It would be interesting, though, to hear what you'd like to be changed in education itself. Studying for yourself is always good, but it takes a lot to start and finish it. Keen and clever mind, perseverance, or just plain insanity, spiced with an enormous amount of wit. Without them one would just drop his/her self-education and beat it. As for me, I think that students just have to think more for themselves. If you want to become SOMETHING in this world, just go ahead and become it, not waiting for other people to do that for you. And by other people I mean teachers that have hundreds of other students to deal with. Yet, it is crucial to decide firmly on who you want to be. It took me about 4 years, actually. During that time I became what I am. In particular, I came to enjoy studying, and not only that. Think about this line: "Enjoy being teached". THAT is a virtue that 99.99% of students aren't capable of. And you, Sergey, is one of them. That is one of reasons why you divide "information" into "junk" and "!junk". I don't. Not my way.
ВідповістиВидалитиKyryl, I respect your approach to life and yourself. You're sure to reach everything you wish. You deserve it.
ВидалитиАвтор видалив цей коментар.
ВидалитиNeed to seek knowledge. College gives impetus to good knowledge. But we produce a lot of time on the program who are not able to make us experts. I'd like very much what would we have been taught in the same web programming.
ВідповістиВидалитиSomeone asked: What is web programming good for?
Web site programming allows you to turn a simple, static HTML page into a dynamic, Web 2.0 masterpiece. It allows others to interact with your web site and use the application on any computer with Internet access. Web site programming is often easier than programming applications that will run directly on the computer.
Essentially, if you want to make or edit anything dynamic on your website, such as a forum, a guestbook, or even a form submission, you will need to know how to do some web site programming.
We need to get what we give. But what would be a good specialist to himself a lot of things to learn.