I watched "Good Will Hunting". Good Will Hunting is a 1997 drama film . The film follows 20-year-old Will Hunting has a genius-level intellect but chooses to work as a janitor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and spend his free time with his friends. Will Hunting walks in on a heated argument between the two over his future and it greatly upsets him. His future is love or advanced mathematics. Dear classmate watch this film.
I started reading the book "Computer animation theory and algorithms" by Rick Parent, the book is interesting but very difficult there are many complex mathematics ... Well, I advise you to read "Murphy's Law" is though little relevance to our profession, but very vital ...
As for me, I don't like books about mathematicians and programmers. I think that, it's not interesting. I like literature about no real life... Yet, I like technical literature, because it's benefiting.
The Social Network (2010). This movie descripes creation of the most popular social network - Facebook. It's not quite about technical skill and the like, but rather about ideas and people that bring them to reality.
Oddly enough, most of the films that depict programmers are either false in their depiction in many ways, or are painfully true. Social Network is one of the latter, I think. Such films show programmers's true life (at least, in USA, that is). Constant mess, hanging out with friends, a lot of alcohol and even drugs - all those things make a western student's life. It is a known fact that Apple company started from a simple hanging out in a garage. Personally, I find it disgusting, even though I do accept that this is the base on which a whole computer industry is built. That is why I consider most of films about programmers plainly bad. And that's why I don't watch them an awful lot, even though I am a programmer myself.
Nazar, you know, it is normal - not to watch movies that tell about professional "problems." Doctors, for example, usually hate movies about medicine. The matter is that you are looking at the situation as a professional(from the inside), and to your mind these films seem to be lightweight.
I read the book "Hackers" in this summer. This book is about two brothers-programmers. It tells us about different stories and problems occurred in their way. It is very interesting book. Now I'm reading the second part of the book.
Sergey, let's see with English subtitles. But prepare the basic vocabulary of the film (as pre-watching task) with the translation into native language to make it clear what the movie is about. And as you promised to bring us the film, prepare questions on the content, and we'll be able to discuss it in your group.OK?
I watched "Good Will Hunting".
ВідповістиВидалитиGood Will Hunting is a 1997 drama film .
The film follows 20-year-old Will Hunting
has a genius-level intellect but chooses to
work as a janitor at the Massachusetts Institute
of Technology and spend his free time with his friends.
Will Hunting walks in on a heated argument between the
two over his future and it greatly upsets him.
His future is love or advanced mathematics.
Dear classmate watch this film.
I started reading the book "Computer animation theory and algorithms" by Rick Parent, the book is interesting but very difficult there are many complex mathematics ...
ВідповістиВидалитиWell, I advise you to read "Murphy's Law" is though little relevance to our profession, but very vital ...
As for me, I don't like books about mathematicians and programmers.
ВідповістиВидалитиI think that, it's not interesting. I like literature about no real life...
Yet, I like technical literature, because it's benefiting.
i also too/
ВидалитиThe Social Network (2010). This movie descripes creation of the most popular social network - Facebook. It's not quite about technical skill and the like, but rather about ideas and people that bring them to reality.
ВідповістиВидалитиThis is really a very good film. He inspired me to learn better.
ВидалитиThank You for recommendation
ВидалитиOddly enough, most of the films that depict programmers are either false in their depiction in many ways, or are painfully true. Social Network is one of the latter, I think. Such films show programmers's true life (at least, in USA, that is). Constant mess, hanging out with friends, a lot of alcohol and even drugs - all those things make a western student's life. It is a known fact that Apple company started from a simple hanging out in a garage. Personally, I find it disgusting, even though I do accept that this is the base on which a whole computer industry is built.
ВідповістиВидалитиThat is why I consider most of films about programmers plainly bad. And that's why I don't watch them an awful lot, even though I am a programmer myself.
So, Cyrus, this problem is a difficult. And I agree with You.
ВидалитиNazar, you know, it is normal - not to watch movies that tell about professional "problems." Doctors, for example, usually hate movies about medicine. The matter is that you are looking at the situation as a professional(from the inside), and to your mind these films seem to be lightweight.
ВидалитиI read the book "Hackers" in this summer. This book is about two brothers-programmers. It tells us about different stories and problems occurred in their way. It is very interesting book. Now I'm reading the second part of the book.
ВідповістиВидалитиBogdana, if you're reading this book in English, you'll solve the problem of "home reading"))).
ВидалитиGuys, what film do you want do watch? I have "The Social Network" and "Pirates of Silicon Valley". And what subtitles do you need? Eng or Rus?
ВідповістиВидалитиSergey, let's see with English subtitles. But prepare the basic vocabulary of the film (as pre-watching task) with the translation into native language to make it clear what the movie is about. And as you promised to bring us the film, prepare questions on the content, and we'll be able to discuss it in your group.OK?
ВідповістиВидалити